Hi guys! It has been a long, long, time since I’ve posted. Almost a month. If I’m being honest, I was feeling so uninspired and just in a rut. I kept comparing the content I was producing to every other amazing blogger or creator that I follow. I would sit there and think “Wow look at how many followers she has! Her blog is perfect, she really has everything together like all the time, why am I not like her?” Were all human and there will always be someone doing better than you, that is just the way it is. I’m happy for all of these people I follow and support, they’re amazing and I look up to them. However, instead of aspiring to be a better me, these thoughts pushed me to not want to write at all because anything I would say or do, wouldn’t be good enough. I then realized I just started this blog. It will take time, like anything good does. I need to enjoy the journey. So what am I going to do now? Focus on bettering myself and my blog. I want to be proud of the content I’m putting out. I am so excited to continue growing my blog in this new year, because I truly love to do it. This leads me to my goals for 2018.
For Christmas this year I received the book called The 52 Lists Project. This book gives you a prompt for every week of the year, the first one being “list your goals and dreams for this upcoming year”. So thats exactly what I did.
- Branch out! I want to step outside of my comfort zone & make new friends. Whether this means I wear something I would not usually wear, signing up for a workout class that seems difficult, meeting new people in the blogging world, or even just exploring the city.
- Get an internship! ( or 2 ) Also focus more on school… hopefully ending my first year of college with a high GPA.
- Create more content with local Pittsburgh creators, and just more content in general.
- Spreading more positivity, through my actions and words. I don’t think we realize how much what we say and put out into the world affects us and everyone around us. More love.
- Stop apologizing for feeling. A lot of the time I show my emotions then say sorry for venting or sorry for getting so emotional. We are humans, and we have feelings. I have to remind myself that it is okay to feel.
- More self love.
- Call/text my family members more.
- Live in the moment. I want to enjoy every struggle and every moment of pure happiness.
- Travel to places I’ve never been. Maybe study abroad…
- Be more grateful for everything I am blessed to have.
I have high hopes for this new year & I can’t wait to see where it takes me. What are your goals for 2018?