Hey babes! How have you been? The past two weeks have been pretty stressful for me. I’ve had midterms and just so many assignments it feels like! I wanted to share some of my tips for staying sane while under lots of pressure and stress. These tips are good for midterm week, final week, or honestly anytime to decompress and relax.
- Stop talking about it and just do it. This is a hard one to follow. It goes like this, if you know you have a super specific professor who is bound to give a hard and long midterm, STOP talking about how hard the test is going to be and get studying!!! I think this happens to most of us when we study with our friends, we pick apart our professor and say “Her tests are too hard!!”, “He asks for too much detail!”, “She didn’t even give us a study guide!?!”… when in reality your professor’s way of teaching is something you can’t control, but you can control how you deal with it/study for the test. So, study hard and prove yourself (& maybe your professor) wrong!
- Positivity is key. What you think in your mind, becomes your reality, I truly believe this. If you think to yourself, “Wow I really am going to fail that math test tomorrow.”, then yes you probably will fail that math test tomorrow. Your thoughts are a direct reflection of how you behave. Think positive, then good things will happen. Be confident in that test you’re taking or that presentation you’re giving and trust me, you’ll do great. Click this to read an article I found on Forbes. com about thoughts becoming your reality.
- Treat yourself! If you’re up late studying and you really want a vanilla latte, like reeeaaallly want that latte… go get it girl. Treating yourself is a good way to get through studying. Finished reading that chapter? Starbucks break. Finished that set of notecards? Starbucks break. Memorized all 10 of those definitions? Starbucks break. Really just want that PSL? Starbucks break.
- To all my emotional gals out there, let it out. For some reason anytime I’m super stressed out or overwhelmed, I cry. It doesn’t change the fact that I’m cramming for my exam and all I want is sleep, but it feels good to let it out. It’s okay to cry, but get it out, then focus on what you have to do again.
- It will all be okay. Don’t over think the situation too much. One day all the studying, stressing and hard work will be worth it! High school grades are important, and high school is only a short time your life. Do the best you can, while you can. The same rule applies for college. You wanna get that dream job don’t you? Work for it!
- SLEEP. I can’t stress enough how important sleep is. All of the information you’ve been drilling into your brain needs time to actually sink in, sleep allows that to happen. If you’ve been studying for over 5 hours and its late, go to sleep. Going over that information at this point won’t help. Get those Z z z ‘s… Click this link to read an article I found on the Huffington Post about a study they did on sleep and test performance among students.
I hope you guys take something from these tips & I hope they help you if you’re stressing right now! Don’t over think, it will all be alright, I promise! Have a good weekend loves. Subscribe if you haven’t! Yes, you… subscribe for an email every time I post.